Wednesday, July 29, 2015

PARIS EXPERIENCE









Bonjour les gars,

You might know this already, and if you didn't you know now: I'm in love with Paris - like really really really really in love.

The love story began around the 3rd time I visited Paris, and ever since somehow from the moment I set foot in this city I become this much happier version of myself, and I like the me I become when I'm here. I'm much more relaxed, I take life as it comes and I can be perfectly happy with the smallest things you can imagine. Sometimes it feels like I was born to be une parisienne , I act like one and I just feel so at home here, it just feels so right when I'm walking down the streets, taking te metro or ordering un café.

The craziest thing happend to me a couple of weeks ago. As most of you guys, I also have an instragam account and as most of you guys I follow people I don't know. Since some time now i've been following a girl from Paris named Fiona, she's like my Parisian twin sister (that speaks french instead of dutch and has brown hair instead of blonde). When I came to paris in February, I asked her for some new places to visit and of course which exhibitions I had to see since she litterlly goes to all of them. Months passed by and we kept talking from time to time. Then, one day after I added her on Facebook since it's easier to talk, she told me that if I was planning on visiting Paris in the summer she had the keys to her friends apartment and if I wanted to I could stay there. Of course I immediately started flipping out of happiness and it didn't take me long to realise chances like these don't come often. I took the opportunity and booked a ticket to Paris to sleep in an appartement of a girl I don't know and to meet with a girl I have never met in my whole life and where I just have talked with on Instagram. Talk about an adventure!

Luckily I didn't get raped or kidnapped, better yet this trip turned out to be one of the best decisions I have made because Fiona is an amazing girl & her friend Julliete is also incredible. Having my own apartment in Paris for a week made me feel like a real Parisienne more than ever. Now I can truly say that I have some parisienne's that I can call my friends. I had a blast being in Paris for those 4 amazing days, meeting this two girls.

Here is how it went down;






















1 comment:

  1. A fresh glass of Lillet on a Parisian 'terasse' is all you need on a beautiful summer day! You made me miss Paris, love the blog keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

author
Melvin Jonckers and Irene Latoudis
Two Belgian youngsters living in the city of Brussels who have a mutual interest in all that is fashion, art, music, food, travelling and partying.